Try this healthy and tasty "White Bean and Kale Soup" recipe today!Ingredients:
1 ½ cup of white beans- navy, cannellini or borlotti soaked overnight in cold water
1 medium tomato, halved
1 small potato, halved
3 sprigs of thyme
2 red onions peeled and finely diced
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
14 oz. can of tomatoes
2 cups of chicken stock
1 large bunch of kale, cut into 2-3 inch wide ribbons Directions:
1. Drain soaked beans and place in a large saucepan with tomato, potato and thyme.
2. Cover generously with cold water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer until the beans are cooked through and soft (about 45 minutes)
3. While beans are cooking, in another saucepan heat olive oil over medium low heat and add onion, carrot, celery, and chopped garlic.
4. Cover and cook stirring occasionally every 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft and sweet but not browned.
5. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring to break up the tomatoes.
6. Combine the two saucepans together and add in the kale.
7. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Divide into bowls, and drizzle lightly with parmesan cheese if you like, or bread for dipping. Nutrition Data:
Total Calories 110
Total Fat 1.1g
Saturated Fat .4g